Tips for any Steak Recipe
We've put together a list of tips you can use on any of your favorite steak cuts, to help you cook tender meats right at home. A good steak starts with quality meat. Conveniently, Agridime delivers quality meat right to your door. So, skip the grocery store line and start cooking with Agridime meat!
- REST - Let you steaks come up to room temperature before cooking to avoid cold spots.
- PAT DRY - Thawed steaks will sear better after patting them dry. Any moisture that remains on the meat will steam before your steaks can start to sear.
- SEASON - Season with salt and pepper to enhance the steaks natural flavors or add a touch of spice with Agridime rubs and spice blends SHOP NOW.
- SEAR - This is going to give your steak and nice flavorful crust whether you're searing in a pan or on the grill. Start with high heat, searing each side until golden brown. If you're cooking in a pan, opt for a high-smoke oil such as olive oil, grape-seed oil, peanut oil, canola oil, avocado oil, or beef tallow BUY NOW.
- COOK - Finish cooking the steaks to your desired temperature (using the chart below) or the old "finger test". A digital thermometer is a great way to ensure your steaks are cooked perfectly.
- REST AGAIN - We know you're ready to dig in, but letting your steak rest for at least 5 minutes will result in a juicier, more flavorful steak.
- Rare: 130° F
- Medium Rare: 135° F
- For Medium: 145° F
- Medium Well: 150° F
- Well Done: 160° F