Slow Cooked Roast
Set it and forget it! This slow cooked roast takes a while to cook but it's SO easy to prepare. So, scrub your floors while you wait or throw your chuck roast in the slow cooker for hands-off cooking while you're away at work.
- Grass-Fed Beef Chuck Roast BUY NOW
- Sea Salt BUY NOW
- Black Pepper BUY NOW
- Olive Oil
- Potatoes quartered or fingerling
- 4 Carrots halved or use baby
- Onion quartered
- 3 garlic gloves minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Sea Salt BUY NOW
- 1 tsp. Black Pepper BUY NOW
- Season the roast with a good amount of salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat a large skillet to high heat, add olive oil, then sear all sides of the roast.
- In a slow cooker, instant pot, or dutch oven, place the carrots, potatoes and onions into the bottom, then add your seared roast on top.
- In a small bowl combine the beef broth, red wine, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, onion, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Pour the broth mixture over the roast.
Oven Method: Preheat oven to 425°F. Cover tightly with foil and roast for 30 minutes. Then, turn the oven down to 300°F and roast for an additional 4-5 hours until tender.
- Slow Cooker Method: Cook on low for 10 hours or until tender.
- Instant Pot Method: Cook on high pressure for 60 minutes or until tender.
- The roast is done when it's fall apart tender. If the meat is still firm and solid, continue cooking until done.