Sirloin Butt Boneless (Coulottes and Roast)
With a whole top sirloin butt, you'll be able to make a roast plus about 12 steaks. Cook it all at once or freeze some for later. This recipe is amazing for gatherings or meal prepping.
- Top Sirloin Butt Boneless (Whole Top Sirloin)BUY NOW
- Dry Rub - Try our Santa Maria Seasoning BUY NOW
- Signature Steak Seasoning BUY NOW
- Preheat your smoker or oven to 375° F
- Start from the non-fat side up, cutting the muscle and digging all of the fat out.
- Then, split the meat from the middle.
- Starting with the fat side, cut 6oz slices. These are your coulottes. Trim your cuts of access fat. Take your other half of the meat and do that same.
- You'll be left with a large roast and roughly 12 coulottes.
- Season your cuts with your preferred seasoning. Try our Agridime spice and rubs.
- Put your meat in the smoker or oven. Searing the cuts 6-8 minutes per sides and the roast for an hour and a half or until done between 140° and 165° F.
- Rare: 130° F
- Medium Rare: 135° F
- For Medium: 145° F
- Medium Well: 150° F
- Well Done: 160° F