Papa's Queens NY Meatballs
- 2-3 lbs ground beef BUY NOW and/or ground pork BUY NOW – you choose your meat mix.
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper BUY NOW
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 2-3 tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ milk
- 20 oz of Papa’s Queens NY Tomato Sauce
- Using a large mixing bowl, place your meat(s).
- In a small separate bowl, combine your breadcrumbs and milk to make a paste. (The reason for this is to eliminate the dry sawdust texture of dried breadcrumbs. If using fresh breadcrumbs, the milk is not needed as fresh bread has plenty of moisture.)
- Add the breadcrumbs to the meat bowl.
- Add one egg.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix either by hand or using the paddle on low setting to incorporate all the ingredients.
- Roll into golf ball sized meatballs and place on a baking tray with a bottom that can drain, such as a broiler pan and top.
- Place the meatballs into a preheated oven set to Broil.
- Cook until they are browned with a light crisp outside.
- Remove and add to a pot of Papa’s Queens NY Tomato Sauce and simmer on low for an hour.
- Remember to keep the lid off the pot to avoid extra moisture which will water down your sauce.
- If the pot spits and boils, then place a lid on slightly ajar and let it sit on the stovetop while cooking then sit tight and let it sit another hour to come together. You can always reheat if serving later.
- Stir your meat and sauce a few times during the process.
- Serve with your favorite pasta or in a fresh seeded Italian bread for a meatball sandwich/hero. Top with optional melted mozzarella cheese and or parmesan cheese.
Find the entire recipe book by Eric Charles Mokotoff here.